Baby Is Here

12/07/2005

The Big Number 2

As this post may gross some of you out, it may make some of you wonder my mental stability, or it may make some of you very happy. Last night when I stopped at the hospital to see McKenna after work, her Nurse Sandy who Suzanne and I have come to enjoy being around had me help flip her over and change her diaper. Low and behold, when I opened up the itty bitty diaper, we found what she called a “Meconium Plug”. I was a bit frightened by the looks of this thing, but I was soon very happy after seeing the nurse’s actions. She paraded this diaper around the whole NICU to show every body, but it seems as though her and I were the only 2 up there that were really happy about this. Finding this little surprise in her diaper is definitely a good thing and it shows that she moved this out all on her own and hopefully will start getting mommy’s milk again tomorrow. If she does go back on milk tomorrow, we certainly hope that she will be able to give her mommy and daddy more dirty diapers. Never in all of my life have I been so happy to see a dirty diaper and never have I wished more of them upon myself. Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that trip your trigger.

Yesterday was also another very special day for Suzanne as she was able to “Kangaroo” McKenna again. Both of them really enjoy doing this and there are so many benefits for Suzanne to do this. It’s amazing what the human body is possible of doing and especially what can happen by simply holding your child. Take care and God bless all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter