Baby Is Here

12/04/2005

I Won The Lottery

Ok, so maybe I didn’t, but I came very close. I got to hold McKenna today for the very first time, and I can hardly describe how I feel after doing so. I was anxious, nervous, and a bit scared, but both McKenna and I got through it. The hour and a half that I had her in my arms went by so quickly and it feels a bit unfair. I know there will be many hours ahead that she will be held tight in my arms as the days, weeks, months, and years go by. I was so wrapped up in the moment that it seemed a bit intoxicating. She was a bit curious about all the hair on my chest, and she was even able to find her thumb and suck on it for a little while. But McKenna is all tucked back into her Giraffe bed safe and sound. So, if I personally had the choice of winning the lottery or holding this little girl for the first time, it’s a no brainer that I would do this all over again in a second. That was one of the best feelings I’ve ever experienced. McKenna was even able to get a couple kisses from mommy. The other times when Suzanne was “kangarooing” with McKenna, it was always me that got to give her kisses because it is impossible to do so when she’s laying flat on your chest. Another great day in the Felton family!! God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter