Baby Is Here

12/29/2005

Nasal Canula

Good afternoon! Mommy and Daddy left the laptop out when they were here last and I have decided to update all of you because they haven’t done so since Christmas. This morning Dr. Nau spotted a pocket of air in my chest when they did an x-ray. He isn’t exactly sure why it’s there, but he did tell me that it is very rare that a baby my age has this happen. I also over heard him saying something about putting a needle in my chest to draw the air out if it doesn’t take care of itself, which I certainly hope it does. So because I have a bit of an air leak, the wonderful NICU staff has decided to take me off of the CPAP and put me on nasal canula. Instead of putting pressure into my lungs like the CPAP did, this thing is just a tube that comes from the back of my head up to my nose and is just blowing air into my nose. This system is much more comfortable for me than the CPAP. I had to wear that hat, so the straps would leave indents in my head, and the mask that went around my nose wasn’t the most comfortable thing. I have kind of started to smile a little bit, so I’m sure Mom and Dad will get all camera happy again. I did hear them say that they would be posting new pictures soon so that you could all see how cute I am. I’ve had lots of visitors in the last week. Saturday night, this big fella dressed up in a red suit with a big white beard came in here and left me a teddy bear, which was very nice of him. I’ve been able to meet all of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, some of my cousins, and cousin to be again the last couple days. There have been 3 times recently where I’ve been put into this tub of water and they put soap all over me, wash my hair, and get me smelling good. I haven’t quite made up my mind if I like that yet. The first 2 times, I’ve gotten pretty worked up and had a couple accidents in the tub. For some reason that makes Mommy and Daddy laugh. I don’t think it’s funny at all. Well, it’s time for me to eat again, and then I’ll take a nap for a while. Talk to you all soon. Love ya!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter