Baby Is Here

1/15/2006

8 Weeks Old

If they are too busy to do update all of you, I’ll have to take matters into my own hands again. Yesterday I turned 8 weeks. How time flies when you’re laying here doing nothing but eating and dirtying diapers. Matter of fact, I’m very good at both of those things. My daddy says I smell like a foot when I really dirty my diaper. With every day that goes by, I am growing in one way or another. Everyone that comes to see me says things about my chubby cheeks. I don’t think they are that chubby, but than again, I don’t have a mirror right here for me to look at. Last night when they weighed me, I weighed 3lbs 4.7oz. The staff is all very pleased at my weight gain and will hopefully increase the amount of milk I’m getting. My hair is turning a shade of blonde and seems to be getting longer. I am still on the Nasal Canula, which is my favorite yet. I can’t wait until they take those things out of my nose for good. I tend to get a sore nose from those things being in there, plus, they make me sneeze quite often so once in awhile I pull them out myself. I can’t see the meter, but I hear I am only requiring 25 – 30% oxygen which is pretty good if I do say so myself. Mom and dad continue to give me baths every couple of days. Hello, I don’t get that dirty laying in here!! I think it just gives them a good excuse to take my out of my little house. Once in awhile when mom is in my room with me and it is time for me to eat, I even get to try and practice getting the milk right from the source. So, another week has gone by with me making great progress. Hopefully this next week goes by as fast and as well as this one did.

This weekend, someone new got to hold me. Mommy said his name is Grandpa Randy. Mommy told me that he would be going away for a little while to a hospital up in Minnesota. I have no idea where that’s at, but I’m willing to make room in here so that I could share my room with him. I sure hope that everything goes well for him up there and I bet mommy and daddy will keep him in their prayers. From up here in my little house, I’m signing off for now. Who knows when you’ll hear from mom or dad next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter