Baby Is Here

1/22/2006

9 Weeks

Sorry that I have been slacking on the website lately. Dad and I have been working on remodeling our bathroom so that McKenna doesn’t have to come home to a yucky bathroom. I thought it would be a lot worse than it was, but I’m still not sorry that we tore the whole thing apart. We have to put the texture on the walls yet, paint, put up trim, install a new window, set the toilet and sink, and we’ll be about finished. In a little more than a week we’ve tore out, replaced all the walls, fixed the plumbing in the shower, moved some things around and then rebuilt it all. I can’t say how much it means to me to have my parents there this whole week to help do this. It hasn’t been easy, but thankfully my father was up to the task of helping us out. Thanks again mom and dad!!

So back to miss muffin, yesterday she turned 9 weeks old. She’s so big!! I know she’s still less than 4 lbs, but that’s pretty darn big to us. She has now more than doubled her weight. It takes a lot of babies much longer to double in weight than 9 weeks. She had another eye exam this week and it looks like her left eye has a little more ROP than the last time, and her right eye has a slight trace of it. Like I said in the last post, ROP is very common in babies like McKenna who were born very premature. They will continue to keep close tabs on her and when they feel the need she may possibly have laser eye surgery. There isn’t much more to update on. She continues to eat well, she’s growing like a weed, and we are thankful for that everyday. This week while I was at home working on the bathroom, every day when I got here, she had changed in some way or another.

To add to our long week, Suzanne’s father had a very extensive surgery performed up at the Mayo Clinic on Thursday to remove some cancer. He is on the road to recovery now and is doing very well with everything considered. Also, my uncle Rodney Hutchinson down in Kentucky went through surgery on Friday to remove cancer. They don’t think they were able to get all of it and he will have to endure some more very aggressive treatment. I know I ask for prayers quite often on here, but these 2 men need your help. We pray that God can guide them back to health and also guide the hands of the doctors working on them. As I watch my wonderful wife asleep on the chair holding our beautiful little girl who is also asleep. I can’t help but to thank God for these two wonderful girls to be in my life. Love to all, and have a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter