Baby Is Here

1/01/2006

Why?

This morning after we rang in the New Year, McKenna's newest neighbor up here in the NICU, lost his battle with life. Like all preemies, his lungs weren't ready. This was the young couple's first baby, they had no warning that he was coming, he got off to a rough start, and eventually there was nothing else anyone could do. Unfortunately, this all sounds way to familiar. I can't help but to hang my head low today, kind of knowing what those 2 wonderful parents are going through. A lot of the same questions come to mind after their loss as when we lost Ian. Why does this continue to happen? Why does this happen to such a nice couple? With all of the technology of today, how can this still happen? A lot of the same emotions are with me today as there were just over a year ago. I am angry, sad, and wondering why all of my prayers for him weren't answered. Some day this will all make sense to me, but for right now it makes NO sense at all. Now I ask that you pray for the family and most of all the parents of this precious little boy that they can stay strong as a couple, and that they can make it through this very difficult time. It pains me to say that Ian now has yet another friend in heaven.

Happy New Year :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter