Baby Is Here

2/18/2006

Home???

The title says it all. We have no clue when McKenna is coming home. That is definately the million dollar question. I wish I had the answer, and I wish my crystal ball would give me a better answer than "When she eats". Another week has gone by and there isn't that many things to report. This morning when mommy was feeding her, she did very well. She latched on just the way she was supposed to, she sucked really well, and was very alert. If we could get her to do that consistantly for 24-48 hrs, then we would have a chance of going home. She is still gaining weight very well. If she keeps this up, she might be walking out of here on her own. Thursday she had another eye appointment. The doctor says that her eyes are progressing a little bit and her ROP condition isn't getting any worse for right now which is very good news. I'm just not sure I could handle her going through eye surgery right now because they would have to sedate her which would mean back on the vent for at least a day. Right now they are telling us that they doubt she'll have to have the eye surgery so that is definately a good thing. We hope that everyone is staying warm. Have a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter