Baby Is Here

6/27/2006

It's Official

That's right folks, McKenna is now an official member of All Saints Catholic Church. Sunday after 10:30am mass, Fr. David O'Conner did a 'Welcoming into the Church' service for McKenna since she was baptized in the hospital the day she was born. This service was very personable and Fr. O’Conner did an absolute wonderful job. He has us start out by the front doors of the church to symbolize her coming into the church and then we made a couple other stops around the church until we got to the baptismal candle where he then put oil all over her head. And when I say all over, I mean he didn’t miss a bit, but he did say that he wasn’t going to be stingy with it and he wasn’t kidding. Then we took a bunch of pictures, all of which are in McKenna Volume 4. After church we had our families and a few friends over for a meal. Thank goodness the weather was excellent so that everyone could be outside. We went through a lot of food and I don’t think anyone left hungry and if they did, it’s their own fault!

I would like to ask each of you that are reading this to take a few moments and say a special prayer for my father in law Randy. He will be traveling back up to Mayo Clinic for tests to make sure the cancer has stayed away. Also, there will be a lot of my family and a lot of family friends that will be traveling great distances to celebrate my parent’s anniversary this weekend. Please drive/fly/walk/ride safe. I can’t wait to see all of you. Take care and love to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter