Baby Is Here

1/03/2007

Goodbye 2006, hello 2007

What a year we’ve had both good and bad. Needless to say, I am quite alright with putting 2006 behind us and starting the New Year. We had a wonderful Christmas with all of our family. Suzanne, McKenna, Sierra (the dog), and I headed up to the Ohrt household on the 23rd, stayed until Christmas morning and then we were off to “Granny’s” house for the Ries Christmas. It was very nice and all, but we sure did miss Papa Herb. We stayed Monday night at my parent’s house and then Tuesday we went out for a tour of my sister’s beautiful new home. Everything was moved in this past weekend and they were finally able to spend the night. Then on Tuesday we headed back to Cedar Rapids to complete our Christmas tour and somewhere around 300 miles, we were home and able to sleep in our own bed and get our little girl back on schedule.

Even though we are only 3 days into the year, a major event has occurred in my family. Yesterday my Dad went under the knife to remove his prostate after being diagnosed with prostate cancer. According to the Doctor, the surgery went very well and when we went to see him yesterday he was in very good spirits and again this morning when I talked to him on the phone. I am very happy that the surgery is behind him and now on the road to recovery. The healing process will take some time but I am very confident that he’ll get through this with flying colors. Also, Suzanne’s Dad Randy goes back up to Mayo at the end of this month for scans. So please keep our Dad’s in your thoughts and prayers.

We have taken numerous pictures of McKenna over the holidays and I will post them just as soon as I’m good and ready ;). She is turning into such a big girl. She really likes to feed herself even if not much of it makes it into her mouth, and she is still having a hard time learning to use the sippy cup. I think that she is very close to walking but is very scared of falling so she doesn’t like to let go of things. Well, we hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season as well. Have a better 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter